Sunday, August 9, 2009

Breakfast Casserole

This is an awful picture. I know. Eggs are one of those things that I always have trouble photographing. It is just so hard to make them look appetizing. Anyways.

So, eggs were on sale for $.88 last week, so I tried to plan my meals around that. When we went to the beach a couple of weeks ago, my sister made a breakfast casserole, and my boyfriend really enjoyed it (but really, I think you could put sausage on dog poop and there is a good chance he would eat it!). Sorry, that was disgusting.

I modified her recipe a little to spice things up a bit. We both love spicy food, so I figured I would go in that direction. All in all, it turned out good. It was gone in 2 days. That's usually a pretty good indicator.

Ingredients:
6-8 eggs
1 lb. sausage, browned and drained
1 c. shredded cheddar
1 c. shredded mozzarella or Swiss cheese (I used Mexican blend)
2 c. half and half
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
10 slices of bread, torn in bite size pieces (I used Jalapeno Cheese bread)

Directions:
Grease a 9x13 pan and layer with bread, sausage and then cheese.

Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix. Pour over the bread.

Cook right away or let sit in the refrigerator overnight.

Cover in foil and bake 45-60 minutes at 350.

Yield: 6 servings (or so)

Source: My sister

4 comments:

love to eat, too! said...

You're right about the photo, but sounds delicious!

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Mary, CookEatShare Author Support said...

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information or contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile.

kacper@tastyquery.com said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!