Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No Bake Oatmeal Cookie Balls

When I saw this recipe I immediately wanted to make it! I am all about no bake cookies in the summer - I have a very tiny condo and turning on the oven gets it really hot, really quick! Plus, this was one of those "pantry" recipes that required no grocery store trip. Always a plus.

Unfortunately, I will probably not be making these again. I have never really liked the taste of uncooked oatmeal, but I was willing to try it again. Maybe they will taste better in the morning after they have a chance to get all the butter soaked in and everything. So, we'll see.

Ingredients:
2 c. rolled oats
3/4 c. sugar
3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 tbsp. peanut butter
1 c. powdered sugar

Directions:
Combine oats, sugar and cocoa.

Mix in all the other ingredients except the powdered sugar.

Wash hands, and then roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll in powdered sugar.

Chill for 20 minutes.

Yield: about 2 dozen

Source: www.tasteandtellblog.com

No comments: