Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies

I'm always looking for super easy recipes using pantry staples - I like to have "go-to" recipes that don't require any shopping, just in case I need something quick! This is definitely one of those recipes. And I think there are so many different things you could do with this!

You could pick a variety of cake mixes. You could add peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, nuts, whatever you want. These were super easy - definitely a 20 minute recipe, start to finish, including baking time. The cookies are really yummy. Very chewy and soft and thick. I mixed in some chocolate chips to the second batch to see how they would turn out.

I think next time, I will use a chocolate cake mix and mix in peanut butter chips - you just can't beat peanut butter and chocolate!

Ingredients:
1 box cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. flour

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together.

Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 11 minutes.

Yield: about 2 dozen cookies

Source: www.kitchenscrapbook.com

No comments: