Sunday, December 28, 2008

Crockpot Ribs

Okay, these were good. I didn't use a recipe, really. I have been wanting to try my hand at making ribs for awhile now and since they were on sale, I figured now was the time. These were very good. I am totally impressed with myself. The picture isn't that pretty, but they tasted good. And they were boy approved. I served them with Alexa Salt & Pepper French Fries (so good!).

Ingredients:
1 rack of baby back ribs, split into 3-4 slabs
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet Habanero BBQ sauce)
2 Jalapeno Peppers
Salt and Pepper
Onion Powder

Directions:
Spray crockpot with cooking spray.

Salt and pepper ribs. I also put some onion powder on them. You could certainly use real onions - I just don't like them.

Throw the ribs in the crockpot. Throw in the peppers. I used two and my ribs had a kick - I would probably use more next time. Or, if you don't like spicy food, just exclude these altogether.

Pour in the entire bottle of barbecue sauce. Then, fill the bottle with water and then shake it up and pour the water in the crockpot.

I cooked on high for about 7 hours. I also shifted the ribs around several times so they cooked evenly.

Seriously. These were good. They were falling off the bone and just perfect!

No comments: