Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mexican Chicken Rollups

These were actually dinner last night. For something that I made up, they weren't too bad. The boy liked them though, so I will probably be making them again, maybe with some different variations. Please note that all ingredients are approximate because I didn't actually take the time to measure anything out.

Ingredients:
1 c. salsa (I used black bean and corn salsa)
2 c. cooked chicken (estimated, I cut up 1.5 chicken tenders)
1/2 red pepper, sliced thin
3 10 in. tortillas
Toppings: lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, extra salsa, etc.

Directions:
Throw salsa, chicken and peppers into a pan on the stove to heat up.

Meanwhile, line tortillas with lettuce, cheese and whatever else you want on it.

When mixture is heated, spoon it into your tortilla. Pop in the microwave for 15 seconds to heat up tortilla and melt cheese.

Roll up like a burrito and cut in half. I used toothpicks to hold it together.

Yield: 3 wraps

No comments: