Thursday, January 1, 2009

Product Review: Cuisine Solutions Chicken Marsala

Happy New Year!! So, I didn't feel like cooking last night, so I pulled out something from the freezer. The boy and I have a lot of fun trying out chicken marsala at different places. A local deli makes our favorite so far. I got this at The Fresh Market last week and last night was the perfect time to try it out.

First let me say that the chicken breasts were really small. Perfect size for me, but too small for the boy. I heated it up in the oven, because I thought that was probably better than the microwave. The presentation didn't turn out very pretty and the marsala sauce never got very saucy - more like a gel, which isn't very enticing. It was okay. I probably won't buy it again, but as far as ease, it wasn't bad. And, unlike most frozen chicken, it didn't taste fake. It was like something that I had made myself and then froze. But then again, I have a weird thing with frozen chicken, so maybe it was just me.

So, easy and better tasting than a Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine meal, but I would do take out from your favorite Italian place first. Our New Years Eve was rather uneventful. We were in bed by 9:30. I know, we're no fun. But, it was still 2009 when we woke up. At 6:00 AM.

Wishing everyone the best in 2009!

No comments: