Monday, May 25, 2009

Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies

These cookies are so delicious and they are super easy, too! I am the person who always chooses vanilla bean ice cream over chocolate, so when I saw this recipe, I wanted to run right out and buy some vanilla beans and make these right away! Of course, I had to go to three stores before I found vanilla beans. Totally worth it though! Next time I won't bake them for quite as long though - I like my cookies kinda doughy in the middle! :)

Ingredients:
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 c. flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.

Cream butter and sugar; add vanilla, eggs and vanilla bean seeds.

Sift baking powder and flour together and then add to wet ingredients.

Shape into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Press slightly to flatten. NOTE: I didn't do this. I am lazy and I just dropped spoonfuls of dough on the cookie sheet :)

Bake 8 minutes.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

Source: www.sugarlaws.com



No comments: