Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Meatloaf Minis

Meatloaf night!! I always remember having meatloaf like, once a week or something when I was a kid. And I totally loved it. So, I asked my mom for the recipe. As always, she said "I don't have a recipe." So I went out in search of the most basic meatloaf recipe I could find. I don't like people to jack with my meatloaf - I'm a purist. No southwestern, mexican, italian, whatever meatloaf. I want PLAIN. The boy was very excited when I said I was having meatloaf for dinner.

He thought it needed more salt. I thought it was plenty salty and a little too onion-y flavored. I don't like onions though, so that may be why I felt that way. These were totally easy to make. Even though it was way gross touching raw meat. I also only did 2/3 of the recipe, because I don't know what I would've done with 18 of these things! I am totally excited about having the leftovers on a sammich!! Get cookin'!

Ingredients:
1 c. ketchup
3-4 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground mustard
2 eggs, beaten
4 tsp. Worcestershire
3 c. Crispix, crushed (3 cups BEFORE you crush them. I had to ask my parents.)
3 tsp. onion powder
1/2 - 1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 lb. lean ground beef

Directions:
Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; reserve 1/2 c.

Add all but the beef and mix well. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.

Press about 1/3 c. each into 18 muffin cups.

Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes.

Drizzle with reserved ketchup mixture and bake an additional 10 minutes.

Yield: 1 1/2 dozen

Source: Taste of Home's "Quick Cooking Annual Recipes" 2002 edition

No comments: