Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Day Brown Sugar Blondies

Okay - still having camera issues. I switched memory cards and now I can't upload to my computer. So frustrating. Okay, these turned out ugly anyway. I don't know what I did wrong. So, you should definitely go look at the original picture HERE.

I saw this recipe and just couldn't help myself. I knew that I had to make it for Valentine's Day. It is just too cute! Unfortunately, I apparently am just the worst planner ever. Okay, not really. I actually love to plan and organize. I just happened to be incredibly unprepared to make these tonight. First, I ran out of vanilla. I didn't even know that could happen. I think I've only bought vanilla once in my entire life. So, I used 1/2 tbsp vanilla and then 1/2 tbsp maple syrup. Then, when I was ready to pour everything into the pan, when I realized that the pan I was planning on using was sitting in the fridge, with leftovers in it. I used an 8x8 pan instead. I don't think it made that big of a difference.

Ingredients:
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 c. M&Ms

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Melt butter and add brown sugar. Mix well.

Cool slightly, then add egg and vanilla.

Add flour mixture, and then 2/3 c. M&Ms.

Spread in a 9x9 pan. Sprinkle 1/3 c. M&Ms on top.

Bake 20-25 minutes.

Source: http://www.bakedperfection.com

No comments: