Sunday, February 22, 2009

Roasted Chickpeas

Y'all are in for a ton of recipes today. I basically spent the last 5 hours cooking and baking. I know, I'm crazy. I've seen a ton of blogs with recipes for roasted chickpeas. Since the boy is on a diet, I thought that this might be a good snack for him. I kind of combined a whole bunch of different recipes that I saw. They aren't bad. I made them super spicy. I can see it being a good "go to" snack because they are super easy to make and you get the "crunchy fix" if that is what you need! I think that next time, I might try tossing them in hot sauce instead of olive oil.

Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas
Olive oil
Spices to taste (I used red pepper flakes and garlic powder)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

Drain, rinse and pat dry chickpeas.

In a bowl, toss with olive oil and seasoning.

Place on cookie sheet and stick in the oven for 40-50 minutes, shaking the pan every so often.

Mine weren't as crunchy as I wanted when I took them out, so I popped them back in the oven at 400 for about 5 minutes.

P.S. Check out that stellar picture!!!

No comments: