Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oven Roasted Balsamic Chicken

Argh! I had a beautiful picture of this last night, and I turned on my camera to upload to my computer and it kept saying "Format memory card - this will delete EVERYTHING on memory card." Wonderful, right? I got a new camera for Christmas, and I apparently just can't figure the thing out. I just keep having problems with it.

So, I apologize for lack of picture. Especially because this was a GREAT recipe. At least that means I will most likely be making it again and will get a picture. I guess I can take a picture when I heat up the leftovers, too. I am always looking for super quick "go to" recipes. And this is so it. Prep time was no more than like, 7 minutes. Yeah, that's right. I said 7 minutes. This also turned out pretty enough that I think I could pop this in the oven for surprise guests and stuff like that! I think I was much more impressed than the boy, but I so rarely think that what I made was just SO good, that it doesn't matter! :)

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
EVOO
Salt and Pepper
1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. sesame seeds (I didn't have any, so I skipped this one)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

Drizzle chicken with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.

In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, mustard and rosemary. Brush on chicken.

Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Bake for 40-45 minutes.

Source: Robin Miller, http://www.foodnetwork.com

No comments: