Monday, February 2, 2009

Shrimp With Sugar Snap Peas

This is actually from Saturday night, but I have been a tad busy. The boy decided at 5 pm on Saturday that he wanted to have a superbowl party. Yeah, seriously. So, follow up post on that next.

Amidst all the panic, I still made dinner. I have had my eye on this recipe for awhile. First of all, it looked really simple. Second, my boyfriend loves sugar snap peas. I served this with teriyaki rice. It was easy to make. However, it wasn't super flavorful. If I make it again, I will add some more spice - maybe some cajun seasoning, or some teriyaki sauce or something. It just needed a little more oomph.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 tbsp. butter
8 oz. fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and strings removed
1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 lb. raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tsp. freshly grated lemon peel
2 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
Ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add peas and garlic. Cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, for about 5 minutes.

Add shrimp, lemon peel and lemon juice. Stir over medium heat until shrimp are opaque throughout (about 4 minutes).

Season with pepper and serve immediately.

Source: Woman's Day Magazine

No comments: