Sunday, February 22, 2009

Roasted Red Pepper and Black Bean Soup

I saw this recipe a month or so ago and immediately bookmarked it. I have been wanting to make it for awhile now. I modified it a bit because I didn't have any dried black beans. It was pretty good. I would definitely make some changes next time. I would use a whole jar of roasted red peppers instead of just part of it. I would use more jalapeno peppers (I didn't have any chipotle peppers in adobe). I also didn't use the entire cup of parsley, because I don't really like parsley. It also needs a bit more salt. So, basically, don't follow my recipe. Use the original! Still, I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Ingredients:
2 cans black beans, drained
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 c. onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced (this was a first!)
8 oz. roasted red peppers, chopped
1 big spoonful of chopped jalapeno peppers
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 tbsp. parsley
salt
2 c. chicken broth

Directions:
In a soup pot, heat olive oil. dd onion and garlic and cook until tender.

Stir in red peppers, jalapeno peppers, oregano, parsley and salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth and blend.

Stir in beans and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for one hour.

Remove to blender or use an immersion blender to puree soup.

Yield: 2 main dish servings

Source: www.agoodappetite.blogspot.com



No comments: