Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Cupcakes

Woohoo! I can download pictures again! I had to buy an adapter thingamajigger to make it work. Best $15 I ever spent! So, I actually made these on Thursday night, so I could take them to work on Friday. No actual recipe. I was just proud of myself because not only were they very yummy, they actually turned out pretty!

So, basically, just go to the store. Buy a box of devils food cake mix, cream cheese frosting and a jar of maraschino cherries. Make cupcakes according to box. FYI, I don't know why it took me so long to figure this out, BUT, whenever I make cupcakes, they are always tiny. The tops don't even reach the top of the little cupcake cakes. Well, in case you didn't know - you don't have to make 24 cupcakes like the box says. You can just make 18, or however many. Yes, it took me 26 years to figure this out. Don't laugh.

Okay, so back to the recipe. After cupcakes have cooled, mix some cherry juice into the cream cheese frosting. I really just wanted pink frosting, but I didn't have any food coloring. So I used cherry juice. The subtle cherry flavor turned out pretty good though. Frost cupcakes. Done. :)

You should all know - I am very excited. I ordered a really cute apron on Amazon and I am so psyched to start wearing it! I was afraid that it would look stupid on me or be too big, since I am practically a midget. But it is perfect! I know. I'm a complete dork.

No comments: