Thursday, January 29, 2009

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

Well kids, bad news. I didn't win the chicken wing contest. I didn't even place actually. Oh well. I knew they weren't good! So, tonight, I wasn't in the mood for any major cooking. I poached a big pot of chicken over the weekend, so I have been trying to use it up. I decided to just make a simple quesadilla - one of my favorites! All measurements are approximate, since I didn't actually take the time to measure anything. :)

Ingredients:
1/2 c. cooked chicken
3 tbsp. your favorite bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1/2 c. shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
2 tortillas
butter

Directions:
Heat skillet on medium heat.

Butter one side of each tortilla. On non-buttered side of one of the tortillas, spread bbq sauce and then sprinkle with cheese and chicken. Place the other tortilla, non-buttered side down, on top of it.

Cook each side in skillet for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.

Cut into wedges. I like to dip my quesadillas in salsa or ranch dressing. Mmmm...

No comments: