Thursday, March 12, 2009

Clean Out The Fridge Fajitas

First of all, I know this picture is awful. I had actually already taken a bite out of the other side before I went "Oh crap! I forgot to take a picture!" Oops!

I didn't really have a dinner plan tonight, but I knew I was feeding the boy. So, I pulled out all the leftover STUFF from the last couple weeks and made fajitas. It was actually pretty good. I always feel kind of proud of myself when I can throw something together like this and it turns out well! I didn't really measure anything, I just kind of threw stuff in, so everything is approximate. :)

Ingredients:
Cooked chicken - I used 3 small leftover chicken breasts
1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 packet fajita seasoning
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. black beans
chili powder to taste
tortillas, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, etc.

Directions:
In a skillet, throw everything in and heat/stir until blended and heated through.

Serve on tortillas with whatever toppings you have. As you can see, I smothered my fajita with leftover queso. I could drink that stuff through a straw.

No comments: