Sunday, March 1, 2009

Banana Bread Take Two

I love banana bread. With lots of butter. The last banana bread recipe I tried was good, but I wanted something even better. And I found it. This is super simple and will probably become my staple banana bread recipe. I sent half of the loaf to my parents, but I haven't heard back from them if they liked it. I was pretty pleased with it.

Ingredients:
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 c. banana, mashed (I didn't actually measure. I had four bananas and just used them all)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Cream butter and brown sugar.

Stir in eggs and banana.

Stir into the flour mixture.

Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan.

Bake for about 1 hour.

Source: www.closetcooking.blogspot.com

No comments: