Saturday, March 7, 2009

Teeny-Tiny Cherry Pie

Seriously, who doesn't love miniature food? I think everybody does. And if you don't, you should. I didn't actually MAKE any of this, I just put it all together. This was more of an experiment to see if I have the ability to make pretty food. I am pretty impressed with myself. These weren't nearly as hard as they look, which always makes me happy.

Ingredients:
1 pie crust
1 can of pie filling (I only used half a can)
milk or egg to seal crust
sugar to sprinkle over the top

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

Roll out a pie crust and use a biscuit cutter (or cookie cutter, or glass top, whatever) to cut out small circles. Press into a mini muffin tin.

Spoon pie filling into each cup.

Top with pastry dough in shapes of your choice.

Brush with milk or egg to seal the tops so they don't pop off and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake for 10 minutes or so.

Yield: 10 baby pies


No comments: