Sunday, March 22, 2009

Turkey Day Casserole

Thanksgiving is my VERY favorite holiday. I could eat Thanksgiving food all year long and never get tired of it. So, when I was flipping through a cookbook and saw this recipe, I knew I had to make it. I know the picture isn't exceptionally appetizing, but I couldn't figure out a way to make it look pretty.

This wasn't bad. It wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping. Of course, I think it would be better with actual Thanksgiving leftovers. And not all of my stuffing cooked. If I had it to do over, I would actually cook the stuffing first, and then put it in. Also, the recipe called for whole berry cranberry sauce, but I like the jellied kind, so that's what I used.

Ingredients:
1 24 oz. container mashed potatoes
1 lb. ground turkey
1 6 oz. box of stuffing
1 16 oz. can cranberry sauce
2 12 oz. jars of turkey gravy
2 tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Microwave the mashed potatoes for 1 minute. Stir and set aside.

In a skillet, cook the turkey, drain and set aside.

Spread stuffing mix in the bottom of a 2.5 qt. dish. Top with cranberry sauce, then turkey, then 1 jar of gravy and then potatoes.

Dot with butter.

Bake 30-40 minutes.

Serve with gravy.

Yield: 6 servings

Source: "Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes"

No comments: