Sunday, March 1, 2009

Italian Spinach Chicken

My boyfriend loves spinach. And since he is on a diet, I have been trying to find healthy (or healthier) meals to make. When I saw this one, I added it to my list because it looked really REALLY easy and delicious. And it was. The boy loved it. This will become one of my standard dinners probably, especially for weeknights because it is easy and only took a half hour or so (not counting marinating). I tried to serve this with roasted baby carrots with balsamic vinegar and rosemary. They kind of didn't turn out as planned. So instead, I served burned baby carrots with balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Close enough. Roasted, burned. Same thing. They didn't taste bad. Well, not really bad anyway.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breast halves
8 tbsp. Italian dressing, divided
6 c. fresh baby spinach
salt
2 slices Provolone cheese

Directions:
Please 6 tbsp. dressing in a plastic bag and add chicken. Marinate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350.

Drain and discard marinade.

In a skillet, brown chicken. Remove and keep warm.

In the same skillet, saute spinach, remaining dressing and salt.

Place chicken in a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Top with spinach and cheese.

Bake, uncovered, for 18-22 minutes.

Yield: 2 servings

Source: Taste of Home's "Cooking for 2" magazine, Spring 2009

No comments: