Saturday, January 10, 2009

Banana Bread

I bought some bananas about a week ago and kind of forgot to eat them, so you know what that means? That's right - banana bread! I wanted to try something a little new, so I found a recipe that included some plain yogurt. Plus, I had some leftover from a previous recipe and needed to use it. My breads never turn out very pretty, but it tastes pretty good. I am also making a pot roast and some cupcakes right now, so get ready!

Ingredients:
2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. bananas, mashed (3-4 bananas)
1/4 c. plain yogurt
2 large eggs
3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp. vanilla

Note: this recipe also called for 3/4 c. chopped walnuts, which I omitted. I am a total purist when it comes to breads - I don't want anything crunchy in there! Also, I love cinnamon so I added a 1/2 tsp. I will add more next time!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and dust with flour.

Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt (and cinnamon). Set aside.

Mix banana, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla.

Fold banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined.

Pour into the pan and bake 55-60 minutes.

Source: http://www.bigoven.com/



No comments: