Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cranberry Apple Cobbler

This is what I had for lunch today. I know, lunch of champions, right? It got done before the soup and I was hungry. It would've been perfect with some vanilla ice cream, but unfortunately, I didn't have in. So I just had extra cobbler to make up for it :) I have been making this recipe for so long that I don't remember where I got it from. This is good though - perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Ingredients:
3 c. tart apples (I used 2 big Granny Smith apples)
3/4 c. sugar
2 c. raw cranberries
1 stick butter
1/3 c. flour
1/2 c. pecans (I didn't have any)
1 c. oatmeal (uncooked)
1/2 c. brown sugar

Directions:
Slice and peel apples (if desired) - I kind of alternate. If you leave the peel on, you get a nice red and green medley, which is very Christmas-y :) I peeled them this time. Layer in the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.

Add the cranberries over the apples.

Place remaining apples on top.

Sprinkle the sugar over the fruit.

Topping: Melt butter and combine with other ingredients. Spread over the top.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

No comments: