Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thai Chicken Pizza

Yes, I actually made pizza. I love Thai food. One of my very favorite pizza places has a Thai Chicken Pizza and I thought I could try to re-create it since it is like, 3 hours away. I don't think I put enough sauce on it. I was trying to be conservative so that it would be a little more healthy. All in all, I was pretty impressed with myself. The smoke alarm only went off once and I didn't burn it TOO bad. The boy thought it was okay, but then when he realized that I had made it and didn't just buy it somewhere, he said it was really good. Hmmm...

Ingredients:
1 pizza dough or crust or whatever you want to use
Thai Peanut Sauce (I used a Taste of Thai)
Cooked chicken, cut up (I used 4 chicken tenders)
Mozzarella cheese
Red Peppers
Peanuts

Directions:
Get your pizza dough ready - follow the instructions on the box, or bag, or tube, or if you make your own (then you are really probably doing too much work)

Preheat oven to 450 (Next time I will cook at 400)

Spread sauce on pizza dough. Top with chicken, cheese, red pepper and chopped up peanuts.

Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Grab the step stool and go turn off the smoke alarm. Turn on the vent thingie over the oven.

Cut into squares or triangles or whatever you prefer. I served this with a salad.

No comments: