Monday, January 5, 2009

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Throw out your enchilada recipe! This is the only one you need! These are the creamiest, cheesiest, best enchiladas I have ever had. I guess they don't really have enchilada sauce on them, but you could certainly add that if you wanted. I personally have a love affair with Mexican food. I love it. I could eat it for every meal of the day. The boy, not so much. He's not picky, but he doesn't crave Mexican food like I do. The first time I made these, he did say he liked them. But I love them. :)

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. butter
1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, cut up and softened
2 c. chopped, cooked chicken breast
8 8 in. flour tortillas (I used 5 10 in. ones)
2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used Sargento 4 cheese Mexican blend)
1 pt. whipping cream (more on this later)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 baking dish with Pam.

Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add Rotel and saute 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese and chicken, stirring constantly. (Or you can be lazy like me and just heat everything up in the microwave).

Spoon 2-3 tbsp. of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with whipping cream. So, about the whipping cream. Amanda (who is a genius - seriously) says to use 1 pint of whipping cream. When I used an entire pint, I thought it was too soupy. So, this time I only used half a pint and it was PERFECT.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Take off foil and cook for another 15 minutes.

Yield: 5 or 8 enchiladas, depending on what size tortilla you use.

Source: www.kevinandamanda.com

No comments: