Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh. My. God.

Holy cow!! Everybody go out RIGHT NOW and buy an Orka Steamer. Seriously. This has just become my new favorite kitchen appliance. Appliance? First of all, I know the picture sucks. I am having camera issues.

I had been eying the Orka Steamers for quite awhile, and after Christmas, they went on sale on Amazon, so I went ahead and got one. Unfortunately, with all the hoopla of the last couple of weeks, I haven't had a chance to try it. Until now. No boy tonight, so I wanted to do something simple. And I was freezing, so I wanted something hot. And I didn't want any leftovers

Cue Orka Steamer! I had some chicken breasts in the freezer (note: I probably shouldn't have used year old chicken, but it was still pretty good!). The chicken isn't very pretty, but it is good! The vegetables turned out beautifully - I was afraid they would get all smushy. But no! They were soft inside but also crisp! So, I kind of made this up as I went, because the box only had like, 3 recipes. Does anybody have an Orka Steamer? Do you have any tried and true recipes for it?

Ingredients:
1 Chicken Breast
1 Serving Veggies (I used green beans, carrots and tomatoes)
1 tbsp (ish) EVOO
Italian Dressing
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Place everything in the steamer.

Drizzle with EVOO and salt and pepper to taste.

Drizzle with Italian Dressing.

Cook in microwave 7 minutes (this is according to Orka's instructions for a frozen chicken breast).

Told you it was easy :)

No comments: