Thursday, January 8, 2009

Product Review: Lipton Sides Thai Sesami Noodles


I have been lazy this week. I have had some long days at work and don't feel like putting a lot of effort or energy into cooking. Since it was just me tonight, I decided that I would make one of the Lipton sides - not to mention that my dad works for Unilever (who manufactures Lipton) so I get a ton of these for free!


This is the first time that I have tried the Thai Sesame Noodles. Of course, they were easy to cook - I always go for the microwave directions instead of the stove top. I kind of have an aversion to boiling water. It just never works out too well for me. So, I made these in the microwave - all you need is water and oil if you have it. I also added about a cup of leftover chicken to make it a little heartier since this was my entire dinner. Yeah, that's right. I don't worry about sides when the boy isn't here. Heck, most of the time I don't even cook this much for just me! All in all, this was pretty good. I think it would definitely be better as a side or to do some peanut chicken or shrimp or something and use this as the "serve on a bed of noodles or rice" part of the recipe. These probably would've been better if I had added a little soy sauce or teriyaki sauce or something. Still good, considering the ease and the cost! :)

No comments: