Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pot Roast

Remember that pot roast I said I was cooking yesterday? Well, it wasn't ready for dinner and it still wasn't tender enough for my liking when I went to bed, so I popped the crock pot on "warm" so nothing would burn and then resumed cooking this morning. Ugh. I hate doing that. I don't know why it took so much longer than the recipe said. I think maybe it was because I got a really thick cut of meat. This isn't as good as my mama's (nothing ever is), but any time I ask her for a recipe, she always says "I don't use a recipe" and so I always say "Well, then just write down what you do" and she always says "But I don't do the same thing everytime." ARGH!!!! So, I went out and found a recipe on the internet. Bah. Also, I know my photography sucks. I'm working on it!

Ingredients:
3-4 lb. boneless chuck roast
1 c. water
beef stock (I used two cans)
2-3 tbsp. seasoning (your choice)
1 onion, diced
1 package baby carrots
8-10 small new potatoes, or 2 large russet potatoes, cut up (I am lazy and used canned potatoes)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
garlic salt, to taste

Directions:
Place roast in crock pot and add water.

Layer vegetables and soup around roast.

Sprinkle seasoning on everything - add beef stock to cover. Make sure the roast stays on the bottom.

Season with garlic salt.

Cook on high for 5-7 hours, stirring occasionally.

Source: http://sugarandspice-celeste.blogspot.com/

No comments: