Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Overnight Chicken Bake

Again, I apologize for the picture. I know it is awful. The food, on the other hand, was pretty good. This was super easy to make - you just have to plan ahead because it sits in the fridge overnight. Basically, it tasted like chicken pot pie, except with bread crumbs on top. If I make this again, I will probably use biscuits or crescent rolls on top instead.

Ingredients:
2 c. cooked chicken
1 package frozen mixed veggies (I used peas and carrots)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c. water
1 c. shredded cheese
1 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. breadcrumbs

Directions:
Mix all ingredients except for butter and breadcrumbs in a 2 quart casserole dish. NOTE: do not put water in first and then frozen vegetables. They will freeze in one big layer and it makes it hard to mix. Yeah, you would think this is a pretty duh thing. But, I still did it.

Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, preheat oven to 350.

Melt butter and mix with breadcrumbs. Spread over the top.

Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes.

Source: www.kevinandamanda.com

No comments: